Skull & Shackles
Adventure on the High Seas
There’s adventure to be had on the high seas when a group of press-ganged strangers seizes a ship and become embroiled in the plots and politics of the Shackles—an infamous island chain dominated by pirate warlords. But as these new swashbucklers make names for themselves, rival scalawags, enemy navies, legendary sea monsters, and the infamous Hurricane King himself seek to see them walk the plank. Who will survive when there’s glory to plunder?
Act One: The Wormwood Mutiny
The adventurers wake up in the hold of the Wormwood at sea, only to discover they’ve been press-ganged into a crew of scoundrels, thieves, and buccaneers from the pirate isles of the Shackles.
For more information on the exploits of the player character, please visit the Adventure Log.
Our bucaneer heroes…
The half-orc shark shaman with a bark nearly as bad as his bite.
An unlucky drow trader stuck on a pirate ship.
More to come…
Plenty of ships sail the waters of the Shackles, not all of them pirate.
This notorious string of islands serves as haven for the Shackles Pirates.
- Port Peril This port is a haven for bucaneers and the capital of the Shackles.
- The Slithering Coast The southern coastline of the Shackles’ mainland.
Nations, Politics & Regions
The Shackles Pirates have few allies and many enemies.
- Aspis Consortium This powerful trade organization has many interests and doesn’t take too kindly when their merchent vessels are preyed upon.
- Cheliax A powerful nation of devil-worshippers who maintain naval supremacy of the Inner Sea region and loathe the Shackles. Twice the diabolists have tried to take the fledging nation out and failed.
- Ilizmagorti Home of the Red Mantis assassins, located in an anchorage formerly held by Shackles Pirates.
- Rahadoum Located in northwest Garund, the people of this nation have outlawed all religious practices. Their interests in the Mwangi Expanse are strained by the constant plundering of their ships.
- Sargava Once the crown jewel of the Cheliax Empire, Sargava is now an independent colony. Sargava pays tribute to the Shackles Pirates for protection, from both preying upon their vessels and protection against the wrath of Cheliax.
- The Sodden Lands A land constantly battered by the Eye of Abendego with only isolated pockets of civilization.
Rumors and Legends
There are lots of tales of wonderous and frightful things that pirates tell over pints of grog.
Get the Pathfinder Adventure Path: Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide at Paizo.com as a free download.